Sunday, February 17, 2013

This Week's Workouts, Diet, Weight, Beer of the Night, Other



I got the Springfree trampoline up yesterday. It is a pretty good workout with only one leg. I tried very hard not to let any weight go on the other one.

Also, congratulations to Andrew on his first marathon at the Austin Marathon!!! Barefoot!!!

Workouts
Monday - Insanity Core Cardio and Balance - 30 minutes
Tuesday - Insanity Core -20 minutes
Wednesday - Stationary Bike - 23.2 miles, 1 hour
Thursday - Insanity Core Cardio and Balance - 34 Minutes
Friday - Insanity Max Recovery - 47 minutes
Saturday - Dog Walk - 45 minutes
Sunday - Trail Hike - 55 minutes

Diet
Went Vegetarian for Lent. May stay that way. Mostly. We are discovering it is not that hard. I think both my wife and I are interested in eating much less meat in the future.


I have also started drinking these probiotic drinks.The website says:

"Yakult is a probiotic; it contains billions of live and active "good bacteria." Your digestive system naturally contains trillions of all kinds of bacteria -- some are helpful, some are harmful. When you drink Yakult daily, it makes it difficult for the bad bacteria to take over . Yakult also gives you more of the good bacteria that may help balance your digestive system."

I say I have had a sensitive stomach ever since Iraq and so far these seem to help.

Weight 
156.6, once again. The past weeks it has been 156.6, 157.3, 156.6, 156.6.
Goal is to get back to 140 by El Scorcho.

The Ankle
It really seems okay. Sometimes it has a tad ache. But I am sick of this effing boot. Seriously, seriously sick of it.

Beer of the Night
I'm not sure if I will drink anything to night, but I have some DogfishHead in the fridge. 60 Minute.

Other
Session is in full swing, so I am mentally tired. Tomorrow is a state holiday, but I'm working, which is good because I get comp time. My six month review is coming up. For state employees, this is the easiest chance to get fired, so it is always nerve wracking.

My lease renewal came up on the house we live in. I think next year we will move on and buy a house. That has become harder now when you own a rental property. The property manager here sucks, but I don't really feel like moving during session. We decided to rent here for a year or two because when we moved to Austin, we did not know much about the area, and thought we chose wisely, but it turned out we did not. So we decided to rent for a while in Kyle. We love it. We have more friends than ever before, always know someone, rarely spend a weekend without hanging out with a friend, and our kid has lots of friends.

I also had a canker sore for like 2 weeks. Truly hell on earth for someone who loves spicy food.



No comments:

Post a Comment