Sunday, February 3, 2013

Overcoming A Torn Tendon, Episode 2

First of all, congratulations to all who ran Rocky Raccoon 2013. RR 2012 was one of the best memories of my life and I am so happy for you all. I look really forward to reading all of your posts this week.

Second, I want to take a moment to remember Chris Kyle. Chris was a Navy SEAL in Ramadi. Chris was the third Navy SEAL from the Seal Team that was with the 101st, who I was with in Ramadi that I know of to have died since then, and the second I have actually met. One day in Ramadi, which the insurgents had pretty much taken control of, I was with the 101st when we went on a cordon and search mission to find terrorists. The night before we went out on the mission, they placed Kyle and one other SEAL in an overwatch so that we could not get ambushed. He spent the night alone, in one of the worst cities in the country to keep us safe. It was a dangerous day. The mission got so heated that we had to call in close air support and marine artillery. And he was willing to be alone. The man was an American hero.

Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. - John 15:13


________________________________________________________________________________

Week 2 of my recovery is over and I had a decent week. I'm not sure how stationary bike compares to running, so I am just trying to match time and increase intensity. My goal is to work out most days, some on the bike, some with Insanity (I can do 3 of the workouts). Week 1 of each month, I try to do about an hour on the bike Saturday, Week 2, I will do about 2-2.5, week 3, 3-4.5, and week 4 no biking, possible an  hour and a half of Insanity. Each month I want to increase that. I started last week at 157 pounds, and today, I am 157 pounds. Kind of a bummer, but I probably will have to start working on my diet since I  won't be running as much. That said, this week was:

Sunday: Insanity Cardio abs
Monday - 22 Miles, Stationary Bike, 1 hour
Tuesday - 23 Miles, Stationary Bike, 1 hour
Wednesday - Insanity Cardio Recovery, 36 minutes
Thursday - (ran late), 16 miles, 40 minutes
Friday - Insanity Max Cardio Recovery, 47 minutes (not really a recovery workout as much as isometrics and plank work)
Saturday - 50 miles, Stationary Bike, 2 hours, 17 minutes
Total Stationary Bike: 112 Miles

Future Plans:
First, I have decided to sign up for the El Scorcho 50K. I hope to be better by then. If I'm not, I'm out $70.

Second, now that it has been run this year, I am making it official. I am running Rocky Raccoon 100 in 2014. I might run it barefoot.

http://www.thebarefootrunners.org/threads/rocky-raccoon-2014-100-miles-or-bust.13112/


No comments:

Post a Comment