Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Insanity Fit Test Week 6 and Week in Review

Insanity Fit Test Week 5 and Week in Review



As I have posted before, week 5 is the "rest week" of Insanity and for me that rest week ended with the Red River Rivalry... well... you see above one of the last times I was happy at the game... but related to running and all that jazz... check out some of the foot I had!!!

Fried Red Velvet Cupcake with Fried Chicken on Top!!


Fried Chicken and Waffles

And fried oreos that won't show up for some reason... They were really good... and I did my best do swallow them as my throat was really hurting Saturday. On Sunday I went to the doc and it turned out I had strep!!! So I got a steroid shot, some antibiotics, and steroid pills and took Monday off. Then on to start week 6 of Insanity and take my fit test... so here are the results:

Insanity Fit Test
Week 1
Week 3
Week 6
Switch Kicks
63
73
77
Power Jacks
57
68
71
Power Knees
65
110
130
Power Jumps
22
55
82
Globe Jumps
11
12
13
Suicide Jumps
16
19
22
Push-Up Jacks
30
40
47
Low Plank Obliques
52
74
100
I expected with the bad diet, the extra day, and the strep (as well as the soreness from the steroid shot) to not have great gains, but I was wrong. I did really push it though. I am not sure why my switch kicks are so bad, comparatively. Every other category has me on par or better than the people in the Insanity videos but not switch kicks. No idea why. I have definitely noticed results from Insanity... Of course this time after the fit test was one of the new Max workouts for the month (month 2 switches from the regular Insanity workouts to the "Max" workouts which are at least twice as rough). Today I had Max Plyometrics and added a half mile to my run to do a 1.5 mile run. So I am right where I want to be. I would say if  you are wanting aesthetic results, this program is also extremely good. Today my runger sure returned though and I might actually eat more calories than I burned despite burning over 1000 calories before 6 AM!

Tenants from Hell

I wanted to add, in case you were wondering, the tenants are out!!! So now I am replacing the carpet with laminate "wood" and hopefully turning it soon!!! Oh, what a mess it still is! I can't wait to get the house fixed and turned... 

So with tenants and everything else I have been too tired to post lately, but plan to post more and longer at least once a week starting this weekend. I just wanted to give a quick update.


1 comment: