Saturday, June 23, 2012

Quick Update: El Scorcho is ON!!!

After my recent difficulties with dehydration and my ankle, I told myself but nobody else, that if I could not run 20 miles today,I would pull out of the El Scorcho Ultra Marathon. I would run 2 about 11 mile laps I hoped, and if I felt like it, run 4 or 5 more after that.

The ankle did get sore. I am still running slower than before due to the ankle and some odd energy zap that is still lingering... but that could also be I ditched the usual pre-run Red Bull in my new hydration effort... maybe no beer last night would have helped too.

But I made it 22 miles. When I came in, I felt like the ankle was starting to get pretty sore and the temp had risen above 90, so I decided not to go out and hurt myself.

I'll post more later, but I have a wedding (wife's friends) to get ready for...


Anyhow, this is not really much of a post, but I am excited.

I'll post at a later time about my VERY adjusted El Scorcho goals, and my pre-ultra diet I am starting back up.

Vaya con Dios, amigos!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment